Author Topic: EDDT chiude - trasferimento dei voli a EDDB  (Read 1854 times)

Daniele Di Bernardo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
EDDT chiude - trasferimento dei voli a EDDB
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:57:55 AM »
Vi giro un email proveniente dallo staff della divisione tedesca di IVAO:

Dear Sirs,

as you may have noticed, on 3rd of June 2012 the new Berlin Airport Berlin Brandenburg International (EDDB/BER) will be opened in real-life. The same date, Berlin Tegel (EDDT) will be closed. We would like to inform you about the steps taken on IVAO, as you are the active divisions closest to Germany.

Until 3rd of June nothing will change, although in real-life there already are some changes in progress. From 3rd of June - with a bigger event planned - we will then open EDDB/BER officially, including all pilot and ATC-relevant ressources. To avoid a Berlin overkill, though, we will give a month as period of transition: That means, during June until the new AIRAC of July is out, Tegel will not be deleted out of the database, ATC can staff the positions and pilots can still fly from/to EDDT. We decided this, because not all pilots will be realizing the changes all in a sudden, and I can imagine ATC positions will be quite popular within the first weeks.

Thereafter the old Berlin-Tegel will be officially closed. Pilots flying to Tegel will no longer be served with service, then.
Luckily, we can already simulate EDDB/BER with the resources we have. Users of the old EDDB Payware (Aerosoft/German Airports) can still fly to the new airport with this. The only thing to mention is, that they only can use the old 25/07, which will be the new 25R/07L. They will have to use the old terminal in the north (taxiway designators will be changed), whereas the new on would be in southern direction. No problem, though, in our eyes. Charts will be equipped with a hint to avoid ILS-frequency-chaos. Users preferring an up-to-date scenery can already download a freeware secenery on avsim:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=168341 (FSX) // Filename EDDB-2012-fsx.zip
http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=168340 (FS9) // Filename EDDB-2012-fs9.zip

We will inform when a payware scenery is out, but I personally don't think this will happen during the next weeks.

I don't know the channels you can use for communication within your division except the division forum, but I would like you to post this in the forum in the appropriate sub-forum, so that your division user's are informed about the changes giong to come. Additionally, be so kind and inform all other staff members in your divison, for whom this could be interesting in your eyes (i.e. event coordinators, flight ops, ...)

Looking forward to the all new situation and another big airport, best regards

Michèl & Steffen

EDDW-FIR CH/ACH

Pertanto, invito tutti quanti voi a iniziare a usare EDDB e non più EDDT, inoltre a partire dal 3 giugno non verranno accettati pirep con partenza o destinazione EDDT.

Ciao a tutti.
Daniele Di Bernardo
Daniele Di Bernardo
Director of Windjet Virtual